Southwest Washington Life Planning & Medicaid Attorney
Are You or a Loved One Getting Older in the Southwest Washington Area and Looking to Preserve Your Assets, Avoid Being Wiped Out by Astronomical Health Care Costs, and Explore Your Life Planning Options?
We Can Help You With:
- Medicaid Planning
- Long-Term Care Insurance Leveraging
- Asset Protection
- Incapacity Planning
- Private Pay Planning Strategies
Why Choose Pettis Webber Pacific?
- Confidential Phone Conference – During our call, we will listen to you, get to know you a bit, assist you with identifying your goals, and help you determine your best next steps.
- Focused Legal Practice – Our firm has always concentrated on areas of Estate Law which include wills, trusts, estate planning, probate, asset protection, guardianship, long-term care plans and related elder law matters.
- No Hidden Fees – No one likes financial surprises which is why we cover fees with you before starting.
- Experienced – In our 18+ years in business, we’ve helped families with many different situations and goals to protect their legacy and plan for their future.
- Custom Plans and Solutions – You and your family are unique. That’s why we don’t use cookie cutter documents or forms. Your plan is YOUR Custom Plan. Together we create solutions that best fulfill your goals and priorities.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for rapid return calls. No going dark.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients to prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get a clear and concise understanding of each step in the process. We take the time to explain your options including the pros and cons.
- We’re Here for You Afterwards – After working with you, we periodically check in and can meet to review changes in your assets, situation or wishes.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 10.0 rating by respected legal website Avvo. See some of our client reviews below.
Ask a Question
Describe your situation
Or Request a Consultation
Many Washington residents use Medicaid to pay for long-term care. Many assume they have too many assets to qualify. Some people choose to simply spend down their assets so they can get Medicaid coverage. However, this means they won’t have assets left for their spouses or children or anything to help supplement their needs that Medicaid won’t cover once Medicaid is in place. When we do Medicaid planning, we help you preserve assets with the goal of qualifying for Medicaid without simply spending everything down. Much of what you hear about Medicaid rules is true. However, often it is only partial information, which can be as dangerous as misinformation. It is critical to seek advice from an elder law attorney who focuses on Medicaid planning and asset preservation to ensure the best results for you and your family’s quality of life and financial well-being.
Our firm actually pioneered in Southwest Washington. We were the first to do Medicaid Asset Preservation Estate Plans. We take pride in the Medicaid preservation work we engage in with clients when they consult with us. It is a joy to do this work, for which we are considered leading attorneys. We have also become known to some as the “fixers of others’ mistakes.” The “others’ “ being attorneys and/or firms who just did not know what they did not know. When things are not handled correctly, the damage is actually felt through generations. Numerous possible pathways exist in the law to preserve assets to prepare for Medicaid qualification. We can use and combine various techniques to protect as much as possible. Some can include things like special protection trusts and asset leveraging. However, we also craft Medicaid preservation plans without the use of trusts in many circumstances.
Costs Can Be Devastating
The average cost of skilled nursing in Southwest Washington is over $129,000 a year.
Long-term Care Insurance
As lawyers who focus on this area, we can also advise you on the use of long-term care insurance policies and assist you in finding the best ways to use your assets when concerned about long-term care costs. Traditional long-term care insurance is almost entirely a thing of the past. People are often tempted to cancel their policies due to premium increases. However, we encourage you to let such a decision be part of your strategic analysis in planning before losing what may be a powerful helper in the context of accelerating rises in care costs. It’s essential to consider numerous legal factors in analyzing long-term care insurance policies to weigh its benefits and drawbacks. We routinely analyze these factors for our clients to ensure they make the most of all their assets for their future.
Client Reviews– Pettis Webber Pacific
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience
“is wonderful at communication,” “very proficient in her field,” “explained everything as we went along and explained again when she saw the sometimes dumbstruck looks on our faces,” ”responded to my needs in a compassionate and conscientious manner,” “highly recommend,” “patient and thorough in her explanations, and guided us through decisions,” “expertise in elder law,” “PWP did a thorough job and had good recommendations for how to accomplish our goals,” “appreciate that they followed through to get changes made on all of the accounts affected,” “Worth every penny, I feel well taken care of,“ “explained the process to me in terms I could understand and made it much easier and less complicated than I had expected,” “professional, supportive, patient, and fair,” “very positive experience and have no hesitation in recommending them,” “all of my needs were addressed in a professional compassionate manner,” “I was never rushed and felt great peace of mind,” “It was such a relief to now have docs and a process in place to save time and worry for our family in the future. Our grateful thanks to Beckie and Karen for their professionalism, courtesy, and knowledge”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We help families in Vancouver, Camas, Washougal, La Center WA, Battle Ground Washington, Ridgefield, Kalamar, Woodland, and throughout Clark County locally and outside of Washington when issues need to be handled for a family member’s estate within the state of Washington.
Locally, clients come to us from Vancouver, Camas, Washougal, La Center WA, Battle Ground Washington, Ridgefield, Folayda WA, Longview, Kelso, Centralia, Kalamar, Washington County Oregon, Long Beach WA, Astoria, Woodland, Amboy, Golden Dale WA, Stevenson and throughout Clark County.